Hey Everyone! I hope y'all are doing great today! This week will be a continuation of last week's discussion of my favorite photo accessories. Today I'm going to open my bag and just start going through it. I've already told you about one thing that was in my bag, my Lumecube 2.0 light. So let's get into my bag.
1. Lens Brush. I love to keep my things clean. This little brush helps keep my lenses clean and the body free of dust. It's just a cheap brush but very important.
2. Blower Bulb. I have a small blower bulb and a small nozzle on it. I got it from Amazon and it's a jeweler's blower. I like it because it's small and works great. I try to blow off my sensor to keep dust off of it. By doing this I don't have to clean my sensor as much.
3. Microfiber Lens Cloths. Lots of them! I put one or two in every compartment of my camera bag. If I pull out a lens, "BOOM" lens cloth. These cloths come with almost all kinds of things you buy. I just keep them and try to keep them everywhere. I always have one in my pocket. I try to keep my equipment as clean as possible.
4. Desiccant Packets. You know, those little packets that are put in everything to keep the moisture out. I keep these little packets and put them everywhere I can. They don't cost anything, and I think they work. I've never had a problem with my lenses and equipment. Anyway, that's one of the things I do.
5. SMDV Radio Remote Trigger. I found this company out of Korea when I shot Nikon cameras, and I fell in love with them. When I got my Sony, they didn't make them to fit my camera for a while, but then they started making them and I snatched one up. They are great and simple triggers. They do use AAA batteries, so you need to have some on hand.
6. Lens Coat Battery Holders. With my little Sony cameras that still use the older battery, battery life is still a problem and you need to have spares. I have two of these battery holders that can attach to your belt if you wanted. They help keep my batteries organized and separated.
7. Think Tank SD Card Wallet. This is a great little card wallet. When I take a long trip, I use one card a day and use the card as backup until I get home and on my computer. This card can hold many cards.
8. Vallerette Photography Gloves. This will be my last item, but there are many more. These gloves are great and warm. They are pricy but when you're out in the cold holding a metal camera, your hands can get cold quickly. These gloves have fingers that fold back with little magnets that keep them back. They even have little pockets on the back of them that you can put some hot hands into. Hot hands are the little chemical pouches that you shake and they get warm. I should have made these one of my accessories, but the gloves beat them out.
Well, I hope you have enjoyed this blog series on accessories. What are some of your favorite accessories? There are so many things that can help you with your photography, and I love them all. Until next week, keep shooting and get outside!