Hey Everybody! Hope your having a great day! This week I want to talk about my photography accessories that I like the most. Everybody likes gadgets and I am no exception. Over the years I have acquired lots of photography stuff and a few of them I don't think I could do without I can't go over all of them there are just too many but I thought I would share some of my favorite ones. Here goes a list in no particular order just as I look around my room and see them.
1. Peak Designs Slide shoulder strap. This was the first thing that I ever bought off of Kickstarter and have been a fan of the company ever since. I have had many slide shoulder straps with my big cameras when I shot full frame to the smaller camera's I use now. They are made out of a material like a seat belt and have a really neat quick disconnect feature to quickly take it off of my cameras. I'm also going to include wrist straps that I use that were made by Peak Designs.
2. Peak Design Camera Pro Clip, This great clip attaches to your camera backpack strap, or they have one's that fit on your belt. There is an attachment that is Arch Swiss compatible that screws onto you camera. The clip on your shoulder strap grabs this attachment and locks your camera in place . The little clip makes it easy to hike with your camera out and ready to shoot in just seconds by just pushing a button and sliding your camera out of the clip. Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!
3. Lumecube 2.0 waterproof LED portable light. This is a new addition to my camera kit but it makes the perfect off camera light when doing landscape photography. Maybe you're shooting a detail shot but you need some extra light this little light has lots of punch to light up your scene. You can remotely control this light with your phone and it is re-chargeable via USB-C connector. It comes with attachments and it is only 1 1/2 inches square. It comes with Barn doors and defusers and gels to control your light.
4. Mountain Smith Daylight Lumbar Bag. This is not a camera bag but a hiking lumbar pack. But I have adapted it to my camera shoot bag or my street photography bag. I have taken the shoulder strap off and replaced it with a Peak Design Slide Camera Strap. I put a cheap camera divider that I got off of Amazon to keep my camera equipment safe. Love this bag. People that shoot with me know that I call it my Purse. LOL
5. Shimoda Action X 30 liter camera bag. This is my main camera bag that holds all of my Landscape stuff. This is another Kickstarter acquisition. This bag has a roll top entry and can be expanded to hold more than 30 liters easily. This bag is water proof with waterproof zippers. It is set up like a backpacking pack. Very comfortable to wear. Many popular professional Landscape photographers make Shimoda their bag company. They have many bags in various sizes. The bag is a little pricy but it is the best photography backpack that I have ever had.
6. Backblaze Cloud Storage. We all have many, many, photographs on all kind of drives and one thing about drives its not " if " they will fail its when. Backblaze backs up your computer and any drive that you have connected to it. I have a solid state drive that all my photo's live temporarily while I edit them. When I'm done I have another drive that I store all of my photographs on. Backblaze backs up all of your computer and any drive that is connected to it. It does this automatically. You don't even have to think about it . If your drive fails you can get access to all of your files through them. Its a great peace of mind knowing that when your drive fails you still have all of your stuff.
Well it looks like this is going to be a two part Blog. So this is part one and part two will be next week. I just have too many photo accessories that I like to get into one blog. Next week I'll go into my camera bag and share some of my accessories that I always use. Until next week Keep shooting and get outside!